We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
José Antonio Pastor is the president of the Spanish Association of Toy Manufacturers, and the president of the Fundación Crecer Jugando that, together with RNE, created the campaign A toy, an illusion, with which he intends to bring thousands of toys to children in 20 countries in Africa, Latin America and also Spain. How? With the sale of solidarity pen that will help to draw the illusions of many children, and to raise awareness in society about the importance of play during childhood.
- Many will question whether the greatest need of children in countries with strong economic problems would not be food instead of toys. What would you say to these people?
From the Foundation we are very aware of how fundamental aspects such as food, health and education are for the life of a child. Within education, the toy has a fundamental role in its development, which is why the campaign A Toy an Illusion, sends toys to non-governmental entities. Too often we forget that the child has a need to play and that by playing he learns, explores, shares, imagines ... in short, he develops. It is not normal or good that even in a precarious situation children do not play. A child who plays is a happy child, even in his world of want and poverty. By bringing them a toy, the collaborating NGOs contribute to their daily work with these children a detail of illusion, a detail designed specifically for these children, of their property.
- How is the campaign going, from when the 'solidarity pen' is acquired until a toy is given to a child?
From the outside it seems a simple process but it is not. The process begins with the selection of the toys that will be sent both for one-person gifts (a toy, a child) and the selection of the composition of the Playroom. Recipient countries are considered to have no resources for batteries, etc. Later we go to the manufacturing process, and then to the allocation to each NGO of the quantity of toys based on their request and availability, as well as the number of toy libraries.
- Apart from distributing toys to children, what does the campaign propose to society in a general way? What message do you want to convey?
The message we want to convey to society is that we must educate our children in values of solidarity, and we believe that the toy is an excellent vehicle for transmission. We convey that children and adults in Spain are concerned about their situation and that they want Christmas receive their first toy, in addition to being able to educate themselves by enjoying the shared game through the Play Centers.
- Playing is a fundamental right of the child. What does a toy represent for a child? To what extent can a toy transform your realities?
Certainly playing is a fundamental right of the child and sometimes we forget about it because in our childhood we have played and we have enjoyed such valuable gifts, but for a child from any of the countries where toys are sent, a toy is His dreamThey have not been able to receive that precious and new toy for them to release it, see if it is precious to them, that when they receive it, they do not want to remove it from their cellophane covers so that it does not stain or dirty and only after a few days in which they really realize the fact that it is really for them, is when they decide to open it and make use of them, for them it is a TREASURE.
- Christmas is coming. What criteria do you think parents should have when choosing and buying a toy for their child? Is it better to surprise or follow the letters to Santa Claus or the Three Wise Men?
The list of toys made by minors is endless. Their tastes must be taken into account, attending to a series of questions and controls that are of vital importance:
- Check that the toy requested by the child is appropriate for his age.
- Make sure that the toy bears the CE marking and buy it in specialized stores or stores where you can receive advice from professionals.
- You can also check www.Ludomecum.com, where there is a large selection of toys classified by age, type of game and offering a lot of information on the areas of development and pedagogical contributions of each toy.
|(If you want to collaborate with the campaign and thus draw smiles and illusions on the faces of many children, buy a solidarity pen at the price of 5 euros, at Post Offices, department stores and toy stores. Since its inception, the campaign has shipped more than six million toys to 39 countries. As well as the implantation of more than 220 toy libraries.)|
You can read more articles similar to A toy, an illusion. How to make children happy, in the Toys category on site.