Of all the polvorones, the tastiest is undoubtedly the almond polvorón. However, special care must be taken with young children. In fact, many pediatricians advise against children under five years of eating nuts because of the risks that an allergy to this type of food implies.
If you want to try making homemade almond polvorones, you can try this recipe. It is not difficult and you can surprise everyone with one of the most popular Christmas sweets.
- 300 gr of flour
- 300 gr of butter pork
- 100 gr of toasted almonds (without skin and without salt)
- 300 g of icing sugar
- 1 lemon
- 10 grams of cinnamon
Tip: You will need more icing sugar to sprinkle the polvorones once they are finished. And you can also decorate with sesame.
1. The first thing to do is toast the flour. It can be made in the oven or in the pan. If you do it in the oven, spread it well on the tray and brown it for about 6 minutes at 170ºC, stir it a little and put it back in for 6 more minutes. In the skillet, do not stop stirring, over medium heat, for 7 minutes. It does not have to be colored.
2. You have to sift the flour. Since clumps will have formed, try to undo them.
3. Let the flour cool, and then make a volcano out of it. Inside, add the rest of the ingredients: the lard (it has to be with the texture of an ointment), the finely chopped almond, the lemon zest, the cinnamon and the icing sugar. Knead everything well.
4. Make a ball with the dough and put it in the fridge for about an hour and a half.
5. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out with the help of a rolling pin. It has to be 1 cm thick more or less. Cut circles and place them on the baking sheet (don't forget to line it with parchment paper).
6. Put the polvorones in the oven at 120ºC for 20-25 minutes. (They are not too close together to avoid sticking).
7. When removed from the oven, sprinkle with icing sugar and if you want a few sesame seeds and let cool.
You can read more articles similar to Homemade almond polvorones. Recipe for Christmas, in the category of Recipes on site.